- Date Released:
- November 16 2017
This release focused on improvements in the areas of Single Sign-On authentication with the addition of a keystore to manage certificates as well as improvements to metadata. Bug fixes have been included to improve the performance of the content approval page and loading of microsite details.
In advance of the upgrade please view the information and Technical Roadmap. Please contact us prior to upgrading we can provide you with the pre and post-upgrade tasks.
Please note that the priorities assigned to bugs differ from those assigned to Client Support tickets:
- P1 - Major rework of product.
- P2 - Major performance change.
- P3 - Regular priority change.
- P4 - Minor change.
- Trivial - Very minor UI changes.
|Audit Trail / Error Reports||Some audit trail results not shown for Channels group actions||P3||RDSM-21732|
|Authentication||Label for "Meta data URL" does not make it clear that it's the IdP metadata||P3||RDSM-27670|
|Authentication||Unable to logout if default authentication method is set||P2||RDSM-27613|
|Authentication||Incorrect tool tip for IdP metadata||P3||RDSM-27669|
|Channels / Microsites||It can take between 2 minutes to 7 minutes for the microsite channel editor to load for microsites||P3||RDSM-27167|
|Content Approval||Approval page fails to load on large installs||P3||RDSM-27804|
|Content Types||Content elements starting with a number are broken from v8.2.2||P3||RDSM-27752|
|Form Builder||Errors when downloading submissions: cannot open index, so cannot remove submission from index||P3||RDSM-27379|
|Group Management||If users are a member of a group which has a default preview channel, and that channel's root is outside the branch they're working on, then they cannot open content for editing||P3||RDSM-27705|
|Metadata||Typo in the metadata mappings updated notification||P4||RDSM-27908|
|Navigation||eForm content types only display in the content type drop down for some navigation objects||P4||RDSM-24990|
|Preview||Changes made to a piece of content aren't showing up in preview||P3||RDSM-27803|
|Scheduler||Ability to enable debug logging for publish||P3||RDSM-27501|
Single sign on (SSO) enhancements RDSM-26275
- Ability to set the default login methods for all new single sign on users.
- Ability to set the default login page for each authentication method.
- Improved logging for SSO and the iDP server.
- Improved logout from CAS.
- Removed the Local User and Remote User Identifier fields from the user profile.
- Removed the option to set the "Keystore username".
- The SP metadata file is now automatically generated and is provided with the server certificate.
- The T4 username is used as the user identifier if no explicit value is set.
- The URL for the IdP Meta Data file is now set and validated on the SAML configuration page so there is now no requirement to have local disk access to upload the IdP file.
Dynamic keystore RDSM-26276
A dynamic keystore has been implemented so Administrators can easily manage certs and keys within TERMINALFOUR. This allows management of certificates for SAML and CAS authentication, without the requirement to access the underlying operating system or restart the application server.
- View a list of existing certs and keys
- Add new certs and keys
- Modify existing certs and keys
- Remove certs and keys
- Certs and keys use the x.509 standard
- Updates to the dynamic keystore work immediately and do not need to be "applied" (Tomcat restart, etc.)
- Certs and keys can be used by the Spring Security authentication
- Certs and keys are available within the application for making secure connections to external systems (Web Object, LDAP, Social Poster, etc.)
- Existing certs and keys already applied using the standard keystore will continue to function
- Formbank certs will be displayed in the keystore listing
Metadata mapping improvements PM-2589
Changes have been made to help with the configuration of metadata required for use with Facebook, Twitter etc
- Map one content element to many metadata values
- Map & output a media element
- Define and output metadata tags with the name or property attribute
- New installs contain the meta tags: name="description", name="keywords", property="og:description", property="og:image", and property="og:title".
- Minor changes to metadata terms used